Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Fall is coming


This is a good thing and a bad thing, and there is nothing I can do about it,lol. This morning it is
54 degrees which is a bit chilly and nice as all the windows are open and I am serenaded by both inside birds and outside birds. The bad part is that all too soon it will be downright cold and when I get up I will need to put on layers of clothes just to be somewhat comfortable. All that being said there is no perfect place, some better then others but none ideal. A benefit of the internet are all the people who share bits and pieces of their lives with you. In a single day you get live weather reports from all over the globe, my son will im me and say it is 107 in Vegas. My other son or daughter in law will mention it is in the 70's or that they are having a heat wave in Everett, WA. Someone in England will mention their weather, I really enjoy hearing it all. If for no other reason then I can feel better about what I am experiencing.

The garden is producing a great many peppers, Jalapeno, Hungarian Hot Wax and Banana. I am also seeing some Poblamo ? and Aniheim. What I need to do now is take some time and make pepper slices and can them. I do like the Banana peppers on sandwiches so I can enjoy them as to the others now way. I do not do hot, hot , hot. I have sold several dozen to the local store and people seem to like them. My plans are for a much bigger garden next year so that I will have more to sell. Maybe put a little stand down by the road or take to the Farmer's Market.

My classes continue and my brain is going to explode with all I am trying to cram into it. Lots of technology and so many things to remember to ask and ways to accomplish things. What is amazing is the amount of resources we will have at our fingertips. So one week down and 3 more to go and then hopefully all will go well and I will once again be gainfully employed. I am really enjoying the fact that to go to school I just need to walk up to the attic and my space. It will be even more wonderful to go to work the same way, especially when the snow is flying and the wind is howling. I will not even have to leave home to get paid, it just gets put in the bank via direct deposit. So wish me luck and hope the brain does not develop a leak and let all this knowledge out.

5 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

Yes, Fall is coming. We've been in the upper 50s the last couple of mornings, and that's chilly for here, for this time of the year. Glad you're getting lots of peppers. I did not put in a garden this year, and I miss having one.

Good luck with the job opportunity. That's what I like about writing. I email it off, get a response in a few weeks, and if it was a yes, will get a check in a couple of months. Of course, I no longer do it full time, like I used to. But it is a nice way to earn some extra cash.

Enjoy what is left of summer.

Renie Burghardt said...

Yes, Fall is coming. We've been in the upper 50s the last couple of mornings, and that's chilly for here, for this time of the year. Glad you're getting lots of peppers. I did not put in a garden this year, and I miss having one.

Good luck with the job opportunity. That's what I like about writing. I email it off, get a response in a few weeks, and if it was a yes, will get a check in a couple of months. Of course, I no longer do it full time, like I used to. But it is a nice way to earn some extra cash.

Enjoy what is left of summer.

violetlady said...

I agree - the internet is amazing. I am always wanting more info on something and can go right to my computer. In the old days it was to the library and encyclopedia. And making friends like you is wonderful. Which reminds me that I need to check in on some bloggers. Good luck on the training - keep your nose to the grindstone and it will pay off. Next summer will be here before we know it and your garden will be producing lots of cash crops.

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi dear Barb!!

I have been such a bad blogger this summer!!! It's been so busy here. We're so happy in our new place and we're finally coming to a point that we might be able to actually relax this fall a bit. I love the free entertainment out front with the swans & ducks on the pond.

You've been a busy gal!! I'm so proud of you going back to school and learning a new job!! I know it's hard, I found out how old my brain is when I learned my new job a yr ago. I thought my head would explode. I just got more training a month ago and still felt the same way. But it all falls into place as you go along and somehow works, thank God!!
Congrats on your sons wedding! What a darling couple they make and the cupcake wedding cake was perfect. THat's the trend right now and quite smart, no cutting involved! Woo Hoo! Great job Barb!!
Tell Jim HI and atta boy for setting you up with an awesome work space!

Love & hugs, SHerry

Beverly Hill said...

Have you tried growing Ghost peppers yet? I've misplaced some seeds for them somewhere around here, but if I manage to find them I'm going to try growing those next year.