Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tis Tuesday once again

Trying to catch up on my blog reading, our blog world is so great and varied. Some make me really think hard, others make me laugh. Some of them make me wish I could teleport and go visit, or that they lived next door. I keep thinking we would have so much fun. It is also a great way to let us know we are not alone. We are not the only off the wall person, or someone going through crisis. Sort of a reaffirmation of our sanity or self. There are so many very talented people out there. One is over at Edie Marie's Attic and she has some of her hand painted plaques for sale. http://ediemariesattic.blogspot.com/ at this time of year when we are looking for something a little different these are perfect. I bet she might even do some custom ones if need be.

Speaking of different, I have a new type of pizza for my repertoire. I make my own dough and it is much easier to make then I had thought. So now I treat Jim to fresh home made pizza when he is home. This past weekend I made bacon cheeseburger pizza! Cool, huh. I took a jar of the cheese dip, medium heat. I spread that over the crust. Now, I make my crust and then bake it for about 5 min, then I put my toppings on. So, first cheese sauce, then browned burger, crumbled bacon and shredded cheese. He loved it, so something else to do special for him. I like making my own, this way I can control the quality of the ingredients, the amounts, etc. From reading the different sites when looking for a dough recipe I learned some other things. I remove the pizza from the pan and onto a wire rack so it can rest for a moment before I cut it. For the most part it will slide right off the cookie sheet, if not I just use a spatula for any places that stick This allows the steam to dissipate and the crust will stay crispy rather then soggy. I also found that it is best to warm left over pizza in a fry pan rather then a microwave, again you have crisp rather then soggy. I bake mine on a cookie sheet and then cut into nine slices. Always fun to learn something new.

Must stir my bones and make a start on getting ready for work, have a great day.

8 comments:

Mary said...

I just saw your note on my comments. Please send the card anyway. I just emailed you.

Blessings,
Mary

Joanne said...

I clicked over to Edie Marie's attic, what a beautiful blog she has going on over there! I love that about the blog world too, the character of the different places we visit. So many, you're right, if we could only beam over and stay awhile, would be so grand! Thanks for sharing her site.

Carole Burant said...

I'll be right over for a slice of that pizza!! hehe I do love my pizza but unfortunately it's not something I make from scratch anymore, I usually order it in nowadays. Great tips about how to reheat the pizza as well!!! xoxo

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Barbara,

That pizza you made sounded yummy! I used to make my own pizza dough as well, but haven't done it in a while. Maybe we'll do one when my granddaughters are here. They always love pizza. And we will definately have some fresh tomatoes with our Thanksgiving salad! They are ripening so nicely. I enjoy them in salad or a sandwich every day.

Have a wonderful day, dear Barbara!

Hugs,

Renie

Mary said...

Barbara,

I've sent you two emails just now. One from yahoo and one from my ISP mail. I do hope you will get one of them.

Wishing you a lovely day.
Mary

violetlady said...

I have been wanting to make my own pizza for a long time. I actually have a pizza stone to bake it on. My daughter sometimes buys the dough and makes the rest herself. Can you give us your dough recipe?

2 LMZ FARMS said...

Thanks for the tips with the pizza. We love homemade pizza around here. Umm....you sitting down? I have something to tell ya, I'm going to be a Grandmother. Ok, you can quite laughing.lol I know it's funny, me being a Grandmother.lol I'm just soo excited. Me, a rodeo Grammie.lol Hope you and yours have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Nancy said...

Your bacon cheeseburger pizza sounds good! I usually just make pepperoni ones for myself. Jim is one lucky man!!! I make pizza crusts for both my kids and also my ex...we all love them better than the ones you buy, plus we get just the right size for one person. (We each live alone.)

I need to visit Edie, too....I am so far behind in reading blogs. It's hard when I work all the time, but I am trying and have no plans of quitting blogging. I really do love it, just wish I had more time to put into reading and posting more often. But I will be back!

(((((( HUGS ))))))