Monday, April 5, 2010

Monday, I think





The day started off sunny but is now overcast with chance of rain tonight. As it is fairly calm I have made several forays out into the yard. The grass is getting green, especially in the flower beds bummer. If anyone Add Imagehas a surefire cure for creeping charlie please let me know, I hate that stuff and it is every where. Easter Sunday brought something nice, some of my Daffydills are blooming. The moles had made their presence known in the middle of the bed so I was concerned that I would not have any flowers this year. Now I am on the lookout for tulips. My shrub roses are coming to life putting out leaves, will have to wait to see how the other bushes fared.

Jim had a productive couple of days, he moved the fence for the goats, now they have more room in the woods. They will eat underbrush and l
ow lying branches and as they walk around they will help breakdown the fallen trees and limbs. He was able to make a path using the bucket on the tractor so it is easier to get around at least part of the woods. Little by little we make some progress. Moving the fence also allowed him to get the tractor further out in the field so he could work on digging out a piece of equipment. After using the chain saw to cut through a big root that had grown through one of the wheels he was able to free it. Other then the bent wheel it is all in one piece. Jim thinks he will be able to straighten it out and then we will have a plow, or at least I think that is what it is.

Our new dog is fitting in pretty well, at some point in her life she was trained which is wonderful. Unlike Charlie I will not have to spend months working with her, she just needs some refreshing.
We took everyone to the vets for their shots and he thinks as do I that she is about 2/3 years old. She has filled out some from when she first showed up, the bones and ribs are less predominate, her heavy coat hides just how thin she is. The tips of her ears have been frost bitten so there is no telling how long she was on her own. Upon weighing them , well exce
pt for Molly, Charlie tipped the scales at 80 pounds of muscle and Gretel only weighs 55 pounds. The trip was very traumatic for Molly, she does not like riding in the car, going strange places or meeting strange people,lol. I am able to take Molly and Gretel out at the same time which is nice, they both mind very well so all I have to do is call and they come right back. Charlie, well Charlie is the rocket he is getting better but at this point I do not trust all 3 out and loose.

I had a conversation via instant message with an old friend last night and she gave me some very bad news. I had know she was having breathing issues and was on oxygen, but the latest news was that she is diagnosed with lung cancer . She started off as my boss but became a dear friend so I am asking for prayers for her to help beat this. With all the wonderful people out there, if we join our prayers we can help her. Thank you so much. Best to you all, Barbara

3 comments:

violetlady said...

A new dog. How exciting! Did she just show up at your door? My prayers to your friend -- hope she beats it.

Carole Burant said...

Isn't it wonderful when signs of Spring show up everywhere:-) Ugh, I have been having problems with Creeping Charlie as well and every year I have to pull it out of my flower beds. If you ever find out how to get rid of it once and for all, let me know!

Wow, look at that old plow! My brother Guy has one like that at the back of his property where his Sugar Bush ends, it was there when he moved in. He leaves it there as a decoration:-)

I love it that you took that dog in, she will now know what love and caring is about:-) Poor thing, having frost bitten ears, makes you wonder just what kind of life she had before.

My prayers are with your friend. I've always believed in the power of prayer:-) xoxo

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Barbara,

Oh, I am so glad you took the new doggie in! Poor thing, her doggie angel steered her to the right place. Bless you!

I will say prayers for your friend, too.

Loved all your pictures.

Enjoy spring!

Hugs,

Renie