Sunday, May 3, 2009

Tis May, Tra La, Tra La

Our May has started off so pretty, some really beautiful weather. I have been planting more goodies.
Today I picked up some more trees, dogwoods, a willow, maple, two kinds of plum, 2 kinds of apple and a cherry. I still have peach and one more apple tree coming plus blueberries and some roses. I also have planted my peas, onions (3 kinds), need to get the potatoes in and some other stuff. I will be digging holes for days.
I also have the start of an asperagus bed and Ellen is going to give me some horseradish. How cool is this.


Tomorrow morning I can do a bit around the place and then off to the orthopedic surgeon to see what is wrong with my arm. I fell in February and everything else pretty much sorted it self out, but my arm has gotten worse. I so hate going to the Doctor, I went to a local clinic and they could not find too much. They did see a bone in my wrist that does not look quite right, so that might explain the ache, but not the pain in my upper arm. Hopefully this guy will solve the problem, I do not have time for all this.


Last week my neighbor came over and helped me fence in some more for the goats, they have already cleared it. Greedy little devils! I have been letting them into the grove to eat some of the underbrush before it takes over again this year. Tomorrow when I am in the "big" city I will pick up some more wire and posts so can fence in more for them. It will be so nice to be able to walk around more, they do such a good job.


I mentioned doing an "Otis"from back at the barnyard, for our friends son's birthday. Well, here he is. He is supposed to be black and white, could not find the black plus it does not taste good.
It is amazing to me that I can have so many colors and the one I need it MIA, Murphy hard at work again. I also made them a tray of cupcakes so they had plenty. Parker knew it was Otis so all is good.


My friend Ellen's open house for her greenhouse went well, she had so many pretty things there. It was also her Mom's 87th birthday, she is a super lady and you would never guess her age.

My best to you all,

Barbara

5 comments:

Joanne said...

Gosh I cannot believe it's May already! Wasn't it just New Year's? I'm sorry about your arm, hope it feels better soon, good luck at the doctor's. Now, let's get to Otis. I don't think I've ever seen a more charming cake! I'll bet everyone loved it, it sure has a lot of spunk going on there! I recently had my birthday, and we had an Entenmanns chocolate cake, a little less exciting than Otis!

Have a nice week, happy planting ...

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Barbara,

Yes, May is the kind of month that makes one feel like singing! Tralalalala! :-)

I'm so glad it started off with beautiful weather, and you certainly got a lot accomplished! Digging in the dirt is so much fun, isn't it? Although it's a great deal of work, to be sure. But thinking about the end result of all the work, makes it seem easier.

I have two large peach trees that are loaded with little green peaches, and a huge pear tree that's also loaded. Buth the deer and I will have plenty of fruit to enjoy!

Otis looks delicious, and I'm sure he was enjoyed!

I am sorry about the pain in your arm, and I hope the orthopedic surgeon finds the problem and can take care of it.

Oh, before I go and finish a bit more mowing, can I borrow some ofr your kids to do some clearing around here? I could sure use their help.

Have a great rest of the week!

Hugs,

Renie

Nancy Jo said...

Happy belated MAY DAY! My goodness you do ware me out with all you are doing. I have a lot of energy but I think you run right by me. You sure are planting a lot of stuff, Show some pictures when its all in.
Hope you find out whats with you arm, that must be very annoying with all you have to do and want to do.
I'll start a strip quilt with all that material I got, if it looks picture worthy I will put it on my site, but if you don't see it don't ask ha.
NANCY JO

Stasia said...

Your cake is beautiful!

I hope the doctor doesn't tell you to leave off gardening for a bit. ;) (The Flector patch prescribed by my D.O. has worked WONDERS for my bad shoulder, BTW! And no side effects, woo hoo!)

Time for me to get my little gang out to earn their keep clearing some burdock and nettles before the overrun us again...

Have a lovely week!

Karen said...

Wow, you are doing some serious planting! It will be wonderful to have fresh asparagus. I think it takes a couple years to get a bed started, if I remember correctly, but it will be worth the wait.

The cake is adorable!

Good luck with your arm. I feel the same way you do, I don't have time for major injuries!