Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The weather is officially Weird!!


Yesterday it started pouring and as I am running around closing windows I notice it is hailing. The next thing I notice is that the sun is shinning and there is a rainbow. So off I ran to get my camera, which of course I had left in the car. So after braving the hail I took these pictures, you can see the streaks where the hail is coming down. Strange right. The rest of the day was fine.

This morning we had a small thunderstorm and then it was gray and cloudy until about 2 o'clock. Then it cleared up and I ended up taking the goats out of their pasture and let them loose in the woods. I mentioned that we had enlarged their pasture area, well it is all cleared. They were happy to go eat little trees and what ever else they could find, then wandered out into the yard to eat dandelions. I stood guard between them and my shrubs and spruce trees, which they would have considered a great treat.

All around a nice day so far, hope yours is as well, Barbara




2 comments:

Joanne said...

Beautiful rainbow! Your weather sounds like New England weather, it changes here every 15 minutes. How nice that your goats eat the dandelions. You can probably lease them out for natural weed control!

Mary said...

Barbara,

The photos are great. Rainbows are one of my favorite things. Our weather has also been a bit weird this spring. We had a couple of nice days on the weekend, but since then...rain. This morning was sunny but now the clouds are moving in. Rain is forecast for the Friday and Saturday also. It is supposed to be nice for Mother's Day.

Take care.
Blessings,
Mary