Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday a new week to explore

Good Morning, it is 48 degrees at 9 a.m. and supposed to get to 69, that would be nice. It is sunny out which always starts my day on a good note. Both sons called yesterday which was a very up part of my day. What was not good was the news from my youngest son, he has swine flu and was in the hospital. Not one phone call to let me know, upsetting. Reality says what could I do being over 1200 miles away. He did not sound good on the phone, said they had him and others in special quarantined area. Assures me he will be fine. Sure hope so, no matter how old they are we want to take care of them.

I had the goats out in the grove yesterday and took a video, thought it might give an idea of what we are working on. It was a pretty day, but chilly and a stiff breeze. They have such a good time out there. Hope you enjoy it.
Going out in a bit to tackle the mowing, yard is starting to look like a field. I wish you a sunny day with gentle breezes and no stress.

7 comments:

Joanne said...

Wow, your goats are very intent on their project at hand!

I like your attitude, a new week to explore, open to all kinds of possibility. Wishing you a great week, with lots of discoveries, and best wishes on your son's recovery too!

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Barbara,

Whoa, look at those goats go! :-)

We've had so much rain here that my grass became a hay field. Greg (younger son who lives the closest) finally got all 4 cleared acres cut Saturday, and everything looks so nice now.

Mother's Day was mild and beautiful and enjoyable!

What a worrisome surprise from your younger son. I hope that he will recover from the swine flu quickly!

We had a beautiful day here today, and I was out enjoying it before the next episode of rainy weather arrives on Wednesday.

I hope you have a great and productive week, Barbara.

Hugs,

Renie

Karen said...

It was fun seeing all of your goats and hearing their names. They sure love to feast on all of the foliage. Soon there'll be nothing left!

How true, that we want to be mothers to our kids, no matter what their ages. I hope your son recovers quickly.

Enjoy the brand new week!

Hootin Anni said...

Oh my....wonderful!!!

Thank you kindly for dropping by and leaving your comment wishing Bud and me a happy anniversary. It meant a lot to me, truly. Happy Tuesday.

PS...I also love the photo below, on your Mother's Day blog---the oriole! Pretty.

Mary said...

Barbara,

Your goats will clear that entire area out in no time. I can envision your plants and benches. It will be a beautiful spot.

I read the post below and love the Baltimore orioles. We see the odd one but they aren't plentiful here. So beautiful.

Wishing you a wonderful evening.
Blessings,
Mary

Nancy Jo said...

Hi Barb.
Sorry to hear about your son, I'm sure he will be fine, but it is scary because of all the press about this.
I bet you are doing all kinds of stuff around your place.
The goats are so cute and funny. I notice a lot of people are getting goats now. They seem to be making a big comeback.
Warm here today, but of course tonight is rain and WIND! Is it just me or does it seem like its windy a whole more the last few years?
Nancy JO

Unknown said...

Love your goats. I deperately want one, but have to wait a while to see if I can scratch out a place in my backyard for them!!

How is your son? I am sure he is fine by now, but was wondering.