Friday, December 7, 2007

A Beautiful Day in My Neighborhood

Oh, what a perfect Winter day!! The sun is shining, there is no wind, just beautiful. Ok, for those of you who want snow pictures. I went out and got a few, for the birds I was on the wrong side of the fence. You are not supposed to shoot into the sun, but when do I ever do what I should. Most of the birds flew away but the woodpecker was intent on brunch. I have a whole family of these small guys, and if I could get a good picture I could figure out which ones they are. We also have some of the redheaded ones show up once and a while. Lots of Sparrows and Chickadees and some others I don't recognise. I put my small binoculars by the window and the bird book so I am trying.
I have been working on my Etsy shop, put some more pictures in and am finding out how things work. A nice discovery was that I can sell my pet treats through there also, need to get pictures and license.

Jim is on his way home, super, not seeing him for a couple of weeks leaves me at loose ends. I do not need constant attention but some is nice. Then next week he has to stay again, they have all kinds of projects they are trying to get finished. I tell him that is fine, the job needs to come first and I will be alright. I still get antsy and in truth wish something would open up closer to home.. Just keep in mind that in these times a job is a good thing.
Have the best day, enjoy all the small blessings we are given, Barbara

2 comments:

Karen said...

Thank you for the snow picture. We got a light dusting today, but it's already melted:(

violetlady said...

Isn't snow beautiful? I got a bird book and dragged out my father's old binoculars so I could see some birds,too. We don't seem to have much of a variety - but sometimes I see one I can't identify.