Wednesday, December 19, 2007



On Monday morning and this morning I woke up to a winter wonderland. Monday I was able to take a few pictures but the cold drove me in, today was much nicer and I had so much fun wandering around and taking pictures. I was able to capture a better picture of our little woodpecker friends, trees,and anything else that captured my attention. Makes me a happy camper.
I have been keeping a close eye on the boiler, it is acting up and with temps not getting above 15 or so that is not a good thing. Jim was able to come home Saturday afternoon, his project was finished ahead of time, hooray. He took things apart and thought all was good to go, well it was. Of course, as soon as he left on Sunday it started acting up again, it will cut off and then not restart. On Tuesday he had me take some of it apart and try lubricating the fan, I carefully followed his instructions but no go. After work he drove home, took it back apart and found that I had done a fair job, one plate was just a tad off, phooey. He got it all back together and off we went again. I think I have to be one of the luckiest people around, Jim is such a good person. There are not that many people who would work all day, drive 4 hours, work on a furnace and then turn around and drive another 4 hours and get to bed at 1:30. It is still not working completely but a new fan is on order and the nice UPS guy should bring it tomorrow.

My schedule was thrown off I was going to make cookies and mail them to him for the people at work. With him home on Saturday I spent 5 hours on Sunday baking and was able to send back a decent amount of goodies. Of course since then I have been paying the price, my back is in spasms. While sitting at a traffic light many years ago, my car was slammed into by a drunk driver. Now, when I overdo tasks that require too much leaning over or small movement with my arms I get muscle spasms in my back, very annoying. I had to send out a mental apology to all those people that I doubted when they said their back hurt. I now know where they are coming from. Jim gave me good feedback, he said everyone was ooohhhing and aaahhhing. I tried a new recipe for lemon cream cheese cookies, cut them out in holiday shapes and frosted them with a meringue frosting. I sprinkled colored sugar on some of them and put scarves on the snowmen. I also made oatmeal raisin cookies, truffles and chocolate dipped pretzels. It gives me a nice feeling to be able to do a few things for people and I was glad they enjoyed.

Oprah had a good show on today, she had a guest who wrote a book, How do things work. He was on and gave some explanations about computers, telephones and microwaves. There is also a website, how do things work. com, I hope I got that right. I like shows like this that give me information that makes sense.

Well, enough for now. Thank you so much for coming to visit, hope you enjoy and come back soon. Barbara

4 comments:

Karen said...

You truly live in a winter wonderland! It's beautiful. That show sounds really interesting. I haven't a clue as to how most things work, but I'm just thankful that they do most of the time.

Have a very merry Christmas, from one Clark to another;)

Unknown said...

Beautiful Snowy picture....

Just think you could write your own 'how does it work' on your boiler.

Have a very Merry Christmas and a happy healthy New Year.

Nancy Jo said...

Hi Barb,
Just wanted to wish you MERRY CHRISTMAS. Your snow picture is very pretty. Love a fresh snowfall.
Nancy Jo

violetlady said...

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas there in your winter wonderland. I see you are behind in blogging, too. Quite a few people seem to be, including me. HAPPY NEW YEAR!