I've been Tagged, what fun. http:// NostalgicHomemaking.blogspot.com tagged me, she saw my name on a list
in the MaryJane Farmgirls site. If you have never been there give it a look, lots of information from lots of really nice people. I really need to learn how to do links from this page, I tend to be kinda impatient/lazy and want to know it all now. This meme says to link back to the person who tagged you and you are supposed to list 7 random or weird facts about yourself.
Hummm, only 7??
1. Growing up I always wanted to be an artist, never anything else. Of course life intruded and I have done everything but.
2. I have spent my life moving, I have never lived in one site more then 3 or 4 years. Hopefully that streak has been broken. I now live in a place where people have lived in the same house all their lives and they can not imagine I do not know who used to live in mine.
I can't imagine why they care!
3. One of my apartments in Boston had a ghost. If I was away for a few days and came home you could smell her perfume, an old fragrance like lilacs. There was a hall closet that used to be part of a hallway that would open on its own. In the hall between the front room and kitchen you could hear footsteps (I was on top floor) People would ask who it was and I would tell them it was my ghost. She was a comfortable presence.
4. The most likable celebrities I have met were Tom Jones and Joe Nameth, friendly and not stuck on themselves. The party I was at for Tom Jones, he went around pouring wine and asking if we needed anything. I was in awe!!
5. I was always a bit of a daredevil, tomboy type and it really annoys me that with age I find myself afraid of things. I used to go full speed down mountains, drive straight through to where ever I was headed, ski, climb trees. Now I need drugs to do those things and find mountains, big trucks and driving after dark bug me.
6. I love my little sports car, a 1985 BMW 320e and can't wait until she is once more on the road. I have not driven her for over a year and now that I may be gainfully employed again I can fix her up. By next winter I hope to have the engine overhauled as she has almost 300,000 miles on her. I also want to have some body work done and have her repainted and her leather restitched. I feel happy driving her, free.
7. I am loyal and feel that things told to me are private and do not understand how people can betray trust and friendships.
Wow, when I first read the comment about the meme I thought Oh, what fun, but you know it was kinda hard. I am usually focused out and not so much in, made me dig a little.
We have just had a couple of glorious days, after all the cold being in the 30's was amazing. I was actually going around the house in only a tee shirt, no sweaters! Jim got to come home Saturday afternoon which was great. He had people on vacation so did not think he was going to be able to get away. We were up early Sunday and he helped me strip down the roll of hay, you have to get it small enough to go through door. Lots of people leave them outside but I like mine to be inside and dry. I was also able to clean out the big stall the girls are in, cleared out all the old hay and swept and put down lime. So they had nice fresh hay all around. As Jim was tossing the hay inside ( we have a dutch door to the outside, so can just open top of it) the goats were helping him. They were so funny, playing tag and king of the hill on the piles of hay. They would go tearing around where I was working, out the door and around all inside the barn, like a bunch of little kids at recess. Barn is not quite the right word, it is actually called an animal shed, 4 large box stalls and one longer narrow one. Jim is slowly helping me to get it set up how I want it, cutting doorways and putting up gates.
Beautiful blue skies, no wind we just really enjoyed it and he had a nice drive back to his apartment. I really worry when he has to drive in the bad weather, not so much about his driving as about the people he has to share the road with.
Gosh, this is a long one, time to bring it to an end. Best to you all and thank you so much for your visit and your comments, they make my day!